Public service organizations and, more generally, the organizational structure through which Public Administration operates, require the availability of professionals who are capable of carrying out functions of governance, management and direction, and possess new skills in the fields of organizational strategy, communication and management. The administration of public affairs, in essence, requires more and more professionals who can interpret the complex territorial, social, political and economic settings, able to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, as well as implement operational and targeted solutions in a timely manner. The Master in Public Administration provides participants with a systemic and comprehensive insight into the complex science of administration, including the knowledge of interdisciplinary fields belonging to organization, socio-economics, communication and management. Particular attention is devoted to the structural characteristics of public organizations and their operational processes, as well as their connection with the models and rules defined within the European and international setting.
Duration: 12 months
Credits: 60 ECTS (European Credits Transfer and Accumulation System)
Format: fully online/Blended
It is possible to enroll at any time of the year.
Upon student’s request it is possible to arrange for personalized face-to-face meetings and activities with professors and academic advisors.
In order to be admitted to the Master in Public Administration, candidates must possess a Bachelor Degree, which is the minimum requirement for the program.
Module I: Introduction to Public Administration
- Administration Science as a multidiscipline
- Theories and schools of thought
- Central and peripheral public administration
- Regional and local public administration
- System of functional autonomies
- Evolution of the administrative system in Italy
- From the French system to the European co-administration
- The new organizational formulas of public administration
- From Ministries to independent administrative authorities
- Searching for a model among guarantee, regulation and control
Module II: Principles and Functions of Administrative Science
- Constitutional principles
- Public administration and the principle of legality
- Good performance and impartiality
- The Italian model: private vs. public
- From the system of government aid to the policy of competition within the European Union
- Public services
- The evolution of ownership and management
- Control, efficiency and efficacy
Module III: Public Administration, central vs. peripheral, public vs. private
- The new system of relations between central and peripheral
- Public and private law in administrative action
Module IV: Means of Administrative Action: Personnel and Resources
- Human resources in public administration
- Constitutional principles and methods of recruitment
- Evolution of the system towards contractualization
- Public management
- Public welfare and social security in public administration
Module V: Contractual Activity of Public Administration
- Public finance
- Accounting and finance laws
- Communal co-financing and structural funds
- Public works and supplies in public administration
- The system of public contracts in Italy and the European Union
- The “In-house” model experience
Module VI: Administrative Justice
- Public Administration and the penal code
- Crimes against public administration
- Controversy in public administration
- The system of appeals
- Extrajudicial procedures
The scholarship program is administered by CE.A.R.S and offers partial scholarships to a wide variety of students.
Recipients are: non-traditional students; seminarians, undergraduate and post-graduate students who are looking to become tomorrow’s leaders.
If you are unable to pay the full tuition fees there might be a chance that you can be granted a partial scholarship that will cover some of the tuition fees for your preferred study programme.
Greek Students: Click here for scholarship information
Students from other countries: Please contact us for details
accredited by both the Italian Ministry for Education and Research (MIUR) the US Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)