The process of globalization that has affected markets has led to a strong boost in tourism, extending the range of resources and requiring those who work in the field to be in possession of up-to-date professional abilities and increasingly developed managerial skills.
Faced with a complex and competitive market, in a world in which consumers / tourists are becoming more demanding and require customized yet reasonably priced products, tourism businesses must comply with continuous cultural, organizational and managerial innovations. The hospitality sector must respond to the constant demand for improvement of quality service and be capable of measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of management systems in use, in a general perspective of growth and development. Managerial training has a fundamental role in the achievement of these goals and the Master’s in International Hospitality and Tourism develops specialized competencies by providing the tools and techniques necessary for professional practice, encouraging the development of a corporate culture that can render tourism a more competitive product offering and increase the quality of services.
The Master’s in International Hospitality and Tourism, taught entirely in English, helps create professionals with business, management and organizational expertise, capable of taking on operational roles and responsibilities in all aspects of the tourism and hospitality industry: hotels and hotel chains, conference centers, tourism consultancy, brokerage firms, airlines, airport operators, cruise companies, institutions and associations.
The program is made up of the following modules:Preparatory Courses
- Business English
- Italian for Foreigners
- Business Administration and Budget Analysis
- Control Tools
- Focus on Accounting
- Managerial Economics and Business Administration
- Business Strategy and Policies
- Principles of Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Business Organization
Strategic Processes of Innovation
- Fundamentals of Innovation: Notions and Dynamics
- Organization of Innovative Processes in the National and International Setting
- Innovational Project Management
- New Product Development and Launch
- Management of Innovative Teams
- Analysis of Markets and Competition
- Designing and Implementing Marketing Strategies
- Management and Implementation of Marketing Programmes
- Communication Strategies
- Marketing in Diverse Environments
Economy and Techniques of the Hotel Industry
- Sociology of Tourism
- Economy and Management of the Tourism Industry
- Tourism Statistics
- Tourism Legislation
- Case Studies
Web Solutions for the Promotion of Tourism and Hotels
- Characteristics of Web Communication
- Various Types of e-Commerce Systems and Solutions
- Web Marketing Principles
- Operative Choices for Internet Marketing: From the Website to e-Commerce
- Social Networks and Network Marketing
- Means of Online Payment and Privacy
- Privacy and Security in e-Commerce
The Master in International Hospitality and Tourism helps create professionals with business, management and organizational expertise, capable of taking on operational roles and responsibilities in all aspects of the tourism and hospitality industry. The careers that await the tourism and hospitality specialist are as follows:
- Tourism promotions manager
- Tourism marketing expert
- Hospitality manager
- Food and beverage manager
- Event planning
- Restaurant and night club management
- Government tourism minister
In order to be admitted into a Master’s Degree program, applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, which is the minimum requirement for the program. Master’s Degree programs are offered in both Italian and English in a blended modality. The Master’s program duration is 1,500 hours including study, assessment activities and project work (lessons, seminars, workshops, assessments, evaluation, etc.)
The final exam of the Master’s program, intended to assess the technical, scientific and professional preparation of the student , consists of the completion of a project work and discussion of a written dissertation.
Duration: 12 months
Credits: 60 ECTS (European Credits Transfer and Accumulation System)
The scholarship program is administered by CE.A.R.S and offers partial scholarships to a wide variety of students.
Recipients are: non-traditional students; seminarians, undergraduate and post-graduate students who are looking to become tomorrow’s leaders.
If you are unable to pay the full tuition fees there might be a chance that you can be granted a partial scholarship that will cover some of the tuition fees for your preferred study programme.
Greek Students: Click here for scholarship information
Students from other countries: Please contact us for details
accredited by both the Italian Ministry for Education and Research (MIUR) the US Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)